Crepe


After a lengthy break....I am back! This is a Hello from Hong Kong! I am now back home for good and I hope it won't make too much difference to my cooking/ baking habits... Due to the limited space, I only have a small oven (like a toaster) at home now so there are heavy duty things that I cannot do. Besides, I have failed a few times here as I am still not so familiar with this oven temperature and mode yet. Anyhow, things are getting better...

I am meant to make the mille feuille crepe cake since my visit to New York Lady M Cake Boutique. Still, I have lost my patience half way. After making the crepe batter, I have found out that I am missing the vanilla bean for the pastry cream in between layers. Here is so much harder to collect all the ingredients; I would have to travel an hour by public transit to get my missing vanilla bean. Sigh!! I swear to God that I will make the mille feuille crepe cake within next month because the crepe did turn out well! I had experience with pastry cream, so the mille feuille crepe cake should not be too challenging...

So, how about just serving my crepe with nutella and fruits for now?

Recipes adopted from Smitten kitchen
Yield: 15-20 crepes (7" diameter)


Ingredients
6 tablespoons butter
3 cups milk
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
7 tablespoons sugar
Pinch salt

  1. In a small pan, cook the butter until brown like hazelnuts. Set aside.
  2. In another small pan, heat the milk until steaming; allow to cool for 10 minutes.
  3. In a mixer on medium-low speed, beat together the eggs, flour, sugar and salt. Slowly add the hot milk and browned butter.
  4. Pour into a container, cover and refrigerate overnight.
  5. Use a pancake griddle (I simply use a non-stick frying pan with your desired size) to cook your crepe.
A picture of the crepe and non-stick pan

6. Serve warm with whipped cream/ ice cream/ nutella/ fruits. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment