Green Pea Patties with Spicy Mayo


After my successful trial with the Zucchini Patties, I have always wanted to do similar patties with other kinds of vegetables. I have looked up carrots, corn and peas. They all look appealing and today's menu is with green pea. Instead of using panko bread crumb, this recipe calls for flour (and I have added extra dried bread crumbs in it because my mixture is too wet). This patty goes perfectly well with a creamy sauce, which I have prepared the spicy mayo to serve with the patties.

Next time when I make this again, I will...
1) Make sure to boil the green peas long enough, so it will be easy to mash and cooked
2) Make the patties thinner, so it will be easier to cook through
3) Add more parmesan cheese (recipe below is revised)
4) Keep serving this with the spicy mayo sauce


Ingredient (recipe adopted from here)
Yield: 6 patties

200 g peas
1 tsp salt and pepper
60 g all purpose flour (I have added ~2 tbsp more flour/ dry bread crumb as the mixture is too wet)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese 

Sauce (Spicy Mayo) - Combine the two
Mayo
Sirarcha


Directions:
1) Boil the peas for 5 minutes in salted water.

2) Drain the peas, remove as much water as possible. Mash them with a fork.

3) Add lightly beaten egg, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper flour, baking powder. Mix with a spoon. Add more flour/ milk in order to reach the desired consistency.


4) Shape patties with hands and pan fry with olive oil on both sides until they take a golden color. 



5) Prepare the spicy mayo. Serve the patties with a dollop of spicy mayo. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment