Mango Avocado Salsa


Best salsa recipe ever! No lie. I will never go back to those instant salsa sauce. 

This recipe is from All Recipes, again All Recipes never disappoints me. The only modifications I made: I cut down EVOO from 3 to 2 tbsp, and I did not put cilantro but added some basil to taste. This is easy to make, though it takes some time to dice up all the ingredients. I have also read the reviews and taken everyone's advice: squeeze out the tomatoes/ remove some of the seeds/ use paper towel to absorb some of the tomato juice before mixing in, otherwise it will be too watery. 

Eat within 1-2 days. Serve with tortilla chips, white fish, or grilled meat. Great summer recipe!

Recipes from Allrecipes.com
Ingredients (6 servings) - To me, its 2 servings ;p

1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
4 medium tomatoes, diced (I used Roma)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice from 1 lime)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
fresh basil

In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. To blend the flavors, refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment